Have you been dreaming of studying abroad but money always stands as a problem? If that’s the case, then worry no more, this article is designed to help you study in a country where universities don’t charge tuition fees. I’m talking about Norway. Yes Universities in Norway do not charge any tuition fees for their programs. You only have to budget for your living expense which is about 1000 Euro per month. In this article we shall look at a university in Norway that’s tuition free and that is Bergen University, programs offered, admission requirements and how to apply for admission.
The University of Bergen is a public university located in Bergen, Norway. The university today serves approximately 17,000 students, and is one of eight universities in Norway.
The Bergen University offers a broad range of masters programs study programs in the fields of Humanities, Medicine, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Fine art etc. These programs are all available in English language. Please note that all bachelors degree programs in this University are taught in Norwegian language, only Masters programs are available in English language.
Read also: Low Tuition: Wrexham Glyndŵr University, UK
Admission requirement for Masters programs
Before you start your application for admission, please check that you have the required academic background. Only applicants who meet the admission requirements and show the necessary documentation are qualified.
- You must have obtained a bachelor’s degree, normally of minimum 4 years’ duration. Your degree must have been issued from a formally recognized university or university college. You can find the specific requirements for your home country in the country list.
- You should have obtained a minimum grade of 2nd Class Upper Division, grade B or the equivalent to be able to compete for a place of study.
- You must document sufficient funding to obtain a residence permit for studies. The required amount is NOK 116 369.
- Your degree must include courses equaling at least 1.5 years of full-time studies in a subject relevant to the programme you apply for.
- You must check if the programme you wish to apply for has additional admission requirements. Check the list of Master’s programmes in English.
- You must document your English language proficiency, see Step 2 for details.
Please ensure that you adhere to the application times and deadlines before you submit your application.
Applicants who are outside the European Union must submit their application on or before 1st December 2019 for August 2020 start date.
Also applicants from EU Should submit their application 1st March 2019 for August 2019 start date.
How to apply
The mode of application for admission is online. You will need to follow the following steps when applying online:
- Check the admission requirements
- Register your application
- Choose study programs
- Upload documents
- Application status